- Stuctured Query language is shortly called as SQL.
- We can access and manipulate all databases and tables using SQL.
- SQL ia an ANSI and ISO standard.
- SQL is not case sensitive.
- SQL itself is not a database, where as it is just a language that is used to create databases and tables in servers (eg. SQL server, Oracle etc.)
What is database?
A database is an application which is used to store and retrive the data. All the data are stored in the database objects called tables.
What is table?
Table is a database object which actually stores the collection of related data. It consists of rows and columns.
What is server?